Sunday, December 20, 2009

Poor Kitty

I don't know how many of ya'll check out my facebook, but we just recently adopted a 6 year old Mastiff. Makayla's family had abandoned her. Yeah...that's what I was thinkin'...Who flippin' moves and just leaves their dog in the front yard?!?!?! This sweet dog was just waiting in the front yard for her family to get home and they never returned. It's ok...I totally started cryin' when I heard this too. She started wandering the neighborhood and this older lady took the pooch in. This lady had severe MS and knew she couldn't keep Makayla long term. She knew a guy who was somehow involved with the AKC and called him. He really didn't want to turn her into the pound as HE wanted to screen who Makayla went to. He used his own resources to board Makayla at a pet resort.

This is where I come in. Long story short, we were worthy of owning her and we adopted her. She was a little bit aggressive with Sam...but I just think that it's because Sam is so "IN YO FACE!!!!" kind of a dog. After a week, her and Sam were best buds. She is such a sweetheart and I have never seen her show any aggression towards the kids. My munchkins were told to not get near Makayla unless we were around though. Anyway, back to what happened...we were told that Makayla (BTW-we named her that because it went so well with Sam...for all you Transformers fans out there :) was good with cats. My cat is ESPECIALLY trusting with Sam. If he goes to smell her tiny head (compared to his) then she will head butt him in affection. So, my little kitty was starting to get trusting with Makayla and last Tuesday, I had to take my cat to the Emergency Vet.

I didn't see what happened but I heard. I knew Sophie was sitting in her normal spot under our counter top height table and Makayla was near her. Perhaps just staring? Sniffing? I don't really know. But all I heard was a bark and a cat squeal-ish thing...never have heard that in my life...and then Sophie was a huge poofy thing and went running up the stairs. Makayla bit her head and there was a deep puncture in her left cheek and another bite mark above her right eye. I was concerned that her skull was fractured or something so I took her in just to be safe. Ended up that there were no fractures and she will be fine but is in a bit of pain.

SO...all THAT to say, we have to find a new home for Makayla. I am so torn up about it because she is such a sweetie, and she just got a family who loves her, but Sophie was here first and I can't trust Makayla now inside with the cat. I don't want Makayla to be an outside dog. This is so hard for us. I can't turn her in to the shelter either or they will black list us from adopting...the officer said that unfortunately, it isn't a case by case basis. So I have to find a home for Miss Makayla on my own...one that doesn't have little critters she could get too excited for and I would say preferably with older kids. I've put up an ad on Craigslist and we are going to carefully screen anyone who inquires about her. If you know anyone, they can see her pictures here.

Here is my kitty...many apologies for no make-up and crazy hair...it was a rough night...

IMG_7567_msstar_web

In lighter, more exciting news, you may have noticed the new look? Well, I'm super excited about a little surprise I've been keeping...."Hmwhoooowah HAHAHA"...that was an evil laugh ;)

0 peeps show some love:

Post a Comment