Saturday, July 5, 2008

My first retouch project...

David's Grandparents and myself had a fun time talking via our i Macs and taking over each others screens...They just bought their Apple recently and they learned alot today.  Kudos to them for taking the time to learn new technology :-)  

Grandpa B was interested in my photography software after showing him my website, so I shared my screen with him, and he was able to view my desktop on his computer.  It's amazing that even though we are in Montana and he is in Florida, I was able to show him how I work my magic on images like he was right in the room with us.  

After seeing how amazing CS3 was, he asked me if I would take a stab at retouching an old photo he had of an airplane he flew...he called this airplane his "friend."  I didn't know how I could help, but I spent about 45 minutes on the picture and I must say that I am pleased with how it turned out.  I already emailed him the retouched version and thought ya'll would like to see the before and after photos.  

This could actually be another aspect of my business...some people can make 30-50 dollars an hour retouching old photographs.  It's something that I may consider in the near future.  I tried to keep everything about the photo as true as I could.  It was badly damaged from a deep fold/crease down the middle and mold all over.  I restored some color to the sky and sharpened the airplane...the clouds look a wee bit different, but I think it turned out pretty darn good.   Tell me what ya'll think.... (you can click on the image to make it bigger)

Before:


After:

1 comment: