Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away...


Due to the icky weather I had to cancel my session with the wonderful family I was going to shoot.  Ahhh!  So frustrating!  So, what do you do when you're in the mood for shooting and there are no subjects?  Torture one of your own offspring...

Ashton has been very proud of his new battle wound.  He gashed his head open yesterday.  I heard some crying upstairs during their quiet time, and had a little voice inside tell me to check it out.  To my discovery, blood...!

Thankfully I am one of those, stay-calm-in-an-emergency kind of folks.  So, as I cupped my hand under his ever flowing wound, I tried to encourage him that everything would be OK.  A roll of toilet paper later revealed that his gash was about 1/2 inch long and maybe 1/8 inch deep.  He probably could have used stitches from a doc, but I just got some butterfly bandages, and cleaned the area. A doctor friend of ours was returning a saw and was able to see if I did a good enough job cleaning it and closing it up.  I did.  :-)

Here is my dear, brave, subject...my son.  And his lovely boo boo.





0 peeps show some love:

Post a Comment