Friday, September 19, 2008

Kyle

Senior sessions are such a blast for me.  I have to tell you a quick story and then onto my next senior...  

When I first moved here, I wanted something to do.  I was married to a hottie GI Joe and unfortunately, Uncle Sam wanted us to be apart for 5 days at a time.  Well, when said hottie and myself found out we were havin' a baby, I was really bored and needed something to keep my mind off of him being gone.  Before, I had been working at Victoria's Secret.  I honestly think this was to blame for the whole baby thing ;)  So, after quitting Vicky's I decided to start substitute teaching.  I could handle it...right?  Pop a movie in, kiddos would be quiet.  That's what my subs always did.  WRONG!  They had me teaching little 6 year olds...  You know I love equations...so here's one:

Ali 9 months preggo + Crazy 1st Graders = Labor

NO KIDDING!  I seriously got SO stressed out by the smaller kids that I actually went into labor and had to go home!  

So I requested that I only sub in the High Schools.  And you know what?  I LOVED it!  I don't know what it is about teens.  Maybe it's the ever changing fashions, the not caring who's looking attitude or the whole "finding themselves" thing.  But I LOVE 'em!  I have always been more of a youth group leader than nursery/children's church kinda gal.  So, the fact that I have been able to meet all these awesome seniors and hang out with them for a couple hours has been so much fun for me.

I am so blessed to be able to do this and I'm super excited for what's in store ahead.  OK...so Kyle is my fun-lovin', curly-headed, BIG dimpled guy who is one of these awesome seniors I speak of.  He's one of those guys that you feel like you've known for awhile from the first handshake.  

So for my photography friends, I have something fun to show and I'll use my buddy Kyle here as an example...

Have you ever had a difficult time deciding whether to keep an image in color or put it in black & white?  I am no expert but the way I usually decide is by sometimes feeling the mood of the background or subject or by simply looking at the contrasts.  Sometimes images look "cooler" in B&W.  What do ya'll think about these images?  Which one would you choose?

IMG_7584_sp©

IMG_7584_bwsp©

I was having a tough time deciding myself so I was interested in what you thought...

Here's the rest of the sneak peeks...

IMG_7609_sp©

IMG_7626_sp©

IMG_7813_sp©

IMG_7749_sp©

IMG_7731_sp©

4 comments:

  1. my fave is the last one. and i'm feeling color for all of them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another former 6th grade student! so weird how I used to teach them and now you are taking their senior pictures!! Talk about time-warp! Beautiful pictures ali! keep it up! I'm so happy for you that you're doing something you love!

    ReplyDelete